Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thailand - Bkk

Alright, I can officially declared that I have finish uploading all pictures! Hurray, like finally! :)

Bkk trip was a fabulous, nice, exciting & memorable lil trip esp with the company of babyi! It definitely spice up our relationship after yearssss of ups and downs, breaks and patches etc. Furthermore it also serve as an escape from OFFICE, WORKS & COMPUTERS!! Those dull boring life. eeks!

Day 1 - Off to Bangkok :)

^ tian yi say I'm going to orchard for shopping instead of bkk because I din carry anything except my small bag!.. -.-

^ He say he look like running away from home! lol~ We were on our way to take cab to pick rui and jessica up! And you know wad, we only know our flight details only until tat morning when rui called me. As Jess is a cabin crew, she was away from sg for like 1 whole week before our flight. Therefore we couldn't get all the details etc etc. Tat explains why the whole of tat week I'm insecure! lol! But nonetheless I AM BACK from BKK! :)

^ Checked in and we were early! So while we were waiting, took some pics here and there!

^ Here is Jessica and Rui~

^ Super boring thus we take pics ourselves.

^ So many ppl are waiting~ I still rem the ppl in front of us are taking pics very enthusiastically, yi and me busy posing behind them. LOL! Anyway, I bought the picky socks for yi! haha.. :P

^ Tickets and Passport ready! :D

^ High up in the sky~

^ the curves went crazy~

^ In the plane~

^ Finally we reach bkk airport! Was so boring in the plane lo..

^ Took a cab to our hotel~

^ Our hotel, Salil Hotel! Jessica and rui checking in!

^ This was the dvd/book rentals! Its free! I rem we rented "Ladder 49" & "27 dresses" on the last day of our stay. But din really finish watching both! awww~

^ This is funny! Free Gold Car Service 24 Hour! As our hotel is down the street, they provide this service for their customer. So kind of them! :D

^ Our room, super like the colour combination! very comfy! :D

^ Slippers Time! Smiley drawn by me~ hehe! After putting our luggages down, Jess and rui pop by and off we went for DINNER~!! Super hungry like mad lo!

^ We went Suan Lum for dinner at abt 11pm-12am I guess. And we must change our thai baht to coupon b4 we can really buy the food there. so ma fan~

^ So this was our dinner, tom yum, green curry, bbq prawns, la la, kang kong, pineapple rice and eggy kuey tiow etc. yummy~ :D~

Had shopping at Suan Lum after our meals for like 1-2 hours only. As most of the shops are closing already.

^ Heading back to the hotel, Jess wanted to drive the golf car back and the driver allow! haha!
Rui nearly faint on the spot! But seriously yi and me think tat her skill is not bad! haha

^ Sweet Sweet couple! :D

^ We are rich man~ haha.. i din really know how much i spend but by estimation is like less den $1k including shopping, eating at state tower and hotel?? izzit babyi?

Day 2 - Eat, Shopping, Dinner at State Tower, Drinking! :)

^ Since my hair is super wet now, I shall continue to blog. Alright, today was day 2 at bkk, tian yi was the alarm clock for this few days. haha.. He is responsible for waking me and giving rui's morning call. Had our breakfast at the hotel and off we go to Chatuchak market by Skytrain.

^ The station, tickets and machines!

^ Checking out which station we are going.

^ Rui and jess went to the counter to buy the tickets ... (actually nt buy tickets)

^ What is yi laughing at? hmm...

^ Check this out, the lady din gave rui tickets but instead she gave rui MANY MANY MANY COINS! LOL.. Rui was stun for a moment. No choice, we had to slowly drop in the coins to purchase our tickets..

^ The view from Nana station. An abandon building with random graffiti.

^ Rui was my sec fren. I think he was one of the close guy fren? haha.. Anyway, I can still rem vividly when rui ask us to go bkk with him and his gf, jess. It was on cab where tian yi is drunk and i'm half drunk and he himself is high also. Being not clear or so, he ask if we wanna go bkk and i agreed after thinking like for 1 min? Super on.. And in the afternoon Jess and rui book the tickets online. And tada we went bkk. Amazing hor? After he booked the air tickets den I ask "we are going to which part of Thailand? bkk?" I think I'm super pro. Haven cfm which part of Thailand we are going and i agreed and xfer money to Jess. LOL! I trust u ok, Mr Lim~ :P

^ Chatuchak Market sells lots and lots of grapes!!!! And I also notice they put in leaves to beautify the purples grapes. Super clever lo~

^ Tian yi took this pic! I think its quite nice~ haha! I have taught him well~ :P

^ No problem or got problem?

^ Chatuchak is damn hot. In fact shopping in this kind of market is freaking hot! During my stay in bkk, i wore tube dresses, shorts and sleeveless top only. No jeans pls! And stupid yi took the most auntie pics of me! Fanning and shopping at the same time! lol..
Actually I'm glad tat yi bought this Hello Kitty fan for his niece man. Because it is so handy! haha! you get wad I mean? I rem I pass one to Jess to fan herself too. :P

^ Post cards stall!

^ Yi like this postcard very much and I bought 1 for him! haha

^ Tian yi's tired after all these shopping and he bought watermelon juice for me and his green apple juice sucks! not nice at all! I nearly puke lo~ haha~ Anyway, I think he look like some typical caucasians resting. lol! Luckily he din have any big beer belly. if not I will faint. *bleah*

^ I think this is pretty amazing~

^ I tried to take one of the smaller one, But you know wad, IT'S SO HEAVY!! oh my.. How on earth did they make the super big one?!

^ The eggs tat wk is very amaze with? hahha~ Actually I like the pan more. It must be fun aiming and cracking the eggy inside the small area.

^ Poor Mr Lim, he is the best man. haha~ He help me carry almost everything and made my shopping experience a great one. I just have to carry my coach sling bag and a fan only! lol~
Furthermore, when I'm shopping, I just have to tell him wad I want and he will help me BARGAIN and carry the stuffs. I'm so lazy to bargain man! Its so tiring but quite fun at the same time! haha~ :)

^ Very cute lil kids performing!

^ They dance, play instrument and even put on make up. Cute! Sad to say we only spend 3 hours at Chatuchak. The market is SO BIG but we spend little time there. Wasted.. Because our schedule is very pack we got to leave. No choice. I still have to bring yi back to hotel and get dress up for State Tower dinner lo.

^ After Chatuchak, we went to MBK to have dim sum for lunch! I like the salted eggy and fried bun! Its nice and cheap!! Sry I din take pics of the dim sum. Was very tired already. Anyway this was outside MBK after our short shopping thr. :)

^ Met some uncles there, they are from Sg also, thus one of them volunteer to take this pic for us. In the end, we return our favor by helping them to take a grp pic also. haha

^ Tian yi say I'm short! roar~ Is the pole tall ok! :P

^ My stupid boy, now and forever~ :) This was before we went up to take skytrain back to our hotel.

^ I wanted to try subway in bkk but yi say "whr got ppl come here eat subway one?" In the end I nv eat subway. haha

^ Tian yi is very proud of his newly bought Coca Cola baseball bat. And he like it very much. LOL! He say he want to put in his car to whack bad ppl! LOL! Den I ask him, "wad if you kenna caught by police for carrying weapons ard?" He say he will tell the policeman he is a professional baseball player. If the police don believe him, he will somehow pop out baseball, baseball shoe, baseball cap for the police to see. LOL! super lame lo~ =.=

^ I miss subway!! Eat fresh!! :P

^ After reaching 7/11 we called our hotel and they will send golf car to fetch us back! 1 baht call only! haha

^ Street of Soi 8

^ While waiting for the golf car to come! We take pics here and thr! My shoulder so fair! -.-

^ Stupid boy trying to act broke after buying SO MUCH things. LOL.. left 2 baht only? haha

^ Random ppl.

^ We bought this at the station, its bread with sausage. We were attracted to the aroma! Yums!

^ Golf car reach, and tada after few mins of ride we are back to hotel! Got some rest and fast shower. Because we are running late. oh my...

^ The Dome at State Tower, Sirocco.

^ Biscuit, breads, buns were serve 1st. I like the way you feed me. :)

^ Super ultra nice view!!! You know wad, Sirocco attracted alot of buzz simply because of its nice scenery from the city's 2nd tallest skyscrapers and HIGHEST outdoor balcony. We are on the 64th floor!! Oh my~

^ The surrounding! Nice chairs, nice tables, nice view. awwww....

^ See the stairs behind? When we 1st reach, we had to walk down the stairs to reach the dinning area. I feel like I'm some fairytales princess walking down the stairs with my kuku charming prince! The feelings is simply indescribable. :P

^ We are captivated by the astonishing view of the city! Drowning ourselves in it.. aww.. super nice ambiance tat one could nv forget.

^ Look! There's river with tiny lil boats.

^ The city fills with love, warmth and surprise!

^ Swimming pool spotted! lol

^ Another view of the city. As you can see its getting dark.. The romantic ambiance is reveling as the sun set. :)

^ Yeap, this is the stairs I'm talking abt. Hold on to ur prince and walk down this stairs. You will know wad I'm talking abt. :)

^ Starters! Alaskan king crab cake and fried calamari on mesclun greens served with light mustard cream.

^ The sun has set! The night view is even more captivating! Am I right? *winks*
Thanks to rui for introducing me this place!! This is my 1st attempt bringing yi to such romantic place to dine! I know he like it. Though my surprise plan din work as well but I guess you are touch by me right?? wahahhahaha~ I really hope this entire Thailand trip and this romantic dinner is a super unforgettable bday present for you in advance! Hope you like it! :)

^ We ate this before they serve us our main course. :)

^ The actual settings on our table! Dim orangy lightings!

^ Saw the purple lighting behind me? That is the entrancing glow of the Skybar! The colours varies too~ When the colours change, the ambiance change according too. But well, no matter how the colours change, it cant't change how we felt towards each other. :)

^ Main course arrived!! Hungry~~~

^ Pan-fried snow fish with olive tapenade and saffron sabayon on bed of wild pine nut rice.

^ Cepes mushroom marinated Prime beef sirloin with roast potatoes and baby root vegetables.

^ hmmm.... yummmm.... Sirocco's stunning atmosphere is a complement to its excellent cuisine!

^ Dessert!! Strawberry sorbert and berries with vanilla flap in almond biscuit. Super nice!! 4-5 taste in one dessert! yummlicious!

^ Pictures time~

^ Too bad, we cant see the nice view behind us.

^ -Alaskan king crab cake and fried calamari on mesclun greens served with light mustard cream:
750baht

-Cepes mushroom marinated Prime beef sirloin with roast potatoes and baby root vegetables:
1750 baht

-Pan-fried snow fish with olive tapenade and saffron sabayon on bed of wild pine nut rice:
1150 baht

-Strawberry sorbert and berries with vanilla flap in almond biscuit:
280 baht

-10% service charge and applicable government tax

-The one I love in such stunning atmosphere, romantic ambiance, served by excellent cuisine and surrounded by soft live jazz music: PRICELESS!

^ The lighting of the city from the view of 64th floor.

^ The view from the top of 64th floor to the ground level. Seriously, I don mind working in such nice environment. :)

^ They have live band up there, yes, up there! FYI: Sirocco is also one of Bangkok 's best live jazz venues, featuring the vocal styling of international performers six nights a week. Never too loud or obtrusive, the music flows gently from the raised stage and covers the dining area like a soft breeze, an appropriately subtle counterpart to the clean, fresh flavors of the food. What more can I ask for? :) Highly recommended!

^ Back to hotel, get change to casual wear and off we went to meet rui and jess after our dinner at Sirocco. I was looking at the sightseeing of Bangkok that the hotel provide. :)

^While waiting for rui and jess to come down, we took random pictures here and there again! haha..

^ Driving golf car! hehe.. I mean pretend..

^ Tian yi is a great driver! Be it golf car or car! :D

^ After meeting Jess and rui we are suppose to go for tiger show. But the cab driver bring us to 1 club tat yi say is not very good. So in the end, we got pissed by the cab driver and from den on we took tuk tuk. The uncle here intro us "Love Me Tender" pub. But we saw little ppl inside thus he took us to another club. I forget wad's the club name but I rem vividly that yi order one SUCKY drink. Pina casada? Totally like shit. Played game and tried to finish but it was too disgusting that we decide to give it up. It taste like milk, pinapple with alcohol. YUCKS!!

^ Love Me Tender. nice shot Mr lim~ :D

Day 3 - Eat, Temple Visiting, Shopping, Thai Massage! Drinking! :)


^Our small and cosy hotel, Salil Hotel serve us very NICE breakfast buffet every morning, haha only on the 3rd day i start to take pics of them. Their fried rice are yummy, the 4 of us like it alot. Its very rare of me eating 2 plates of fried rice for breakfast, tat must be yummy huh. lol
Its nice to have sausages, ham and bacon for breakfast too! And you know wad, they cook eggy for us on the spot too. Just need to order at the counter, tats all. "Scramble egg, fried egg or omelette for you sir/mdm?" :)~

^They serve very crispy cereals as well! Both flavors are nice! But i like the chocolate one the best! Esp with chocolate milk. It just boost my appetite in the morning. :)

^ Its really nice to see so many food on the table. I hope my future house's kitchen will be like this. Comfy and spacious. White is nice, as it goes well with anything! :P

^ After our breakfast, we had fruits and salad. Healthy food, perfect start for the day.

^ Pineapple, watermelon & melon

^babyi likes the cereals as well! The cereals definitely taste sweeter on yi's hand! :D

^ The hotel toilet sign! Very nice and unique! Like it alot and took a pic of them. The hotel details, deco and service really made a difference as it brighten my day and I really enjoy my stay there. :)

^As our hotel is located further down the street, they provide us with golf car service to the main road to take tuk-tuk, cab or skytrain!

^ Today, the weather is perfect for visiting temples in bkk. After the golf car ride, we ask the tuk-tuk uncle to take us to the temple. He intro us some temples on the map and decided to take us to Lucky Buddha and Four-Faced Buddha with only 50 baht.

^ First stop, Lucky Buddha! Bought flowers from the roadside. Yi was excited abt praying? Very cheerful smile from him. LOL

^ On the way in!
^ tada~ here's the Lucky Buddha! Gerald you can be Lucky Buddha Number 2! haha
^ No matter wad religion you believe in, you are allow to pray by all means! There's no harm praying also. Because Lucky Buddha brings you luck~ :D

^ Both of us are buddhist! Since young, I have been helping my mum more or less when comes to praying my ah gong. I always enjoy praying, lighting joss stick, burning incense paper etc, most of all I enjoy eating the nice food my mum always cook for praying my ah gong! haha~ I'm such a glutton! :P

^ The public transport in Thailand - Bkk! As you can see, they are very colourful. Be it a bus, tuk-tuk or taxi. Is there a Toyota manufacture industry there? Because their taxi are all Toyota Corolla. Better den msia cab sia. lol. Feel like boarding the bus in Thailand lo. Because most of them are window kind. I like!! It brought back alot of memories! :D

^ The four of us trying to take picture inside the tuk-tuk! haha

^ I like tuk-tuk alot man! Always enjoy the wind and how my hair fly like nth in the air! lol
I shall be a tuk-tuk driver one day!! :P

^ Wires everywhere. haha~ Unlike Singapore, everything is very well hidden.

^ After my few days in bkk, I think their govt is much better den Msia one. They got overhead bridge like almost everywhere. But Msia is accident everywhere. lol.. That is why I'm good at crossing road! Lol.

^ Bridges and wires everywhere.

^ The tuk tuk guy drop us somewhere and ask us to walk to four-face temple ourselves. 20 mins walk lo! no wonder is 50 baht! lol

^ On our way there, we saw rivers or izzit drain? ok I think its some drain and some boats. haha

^ I wanna learn how to drive a boat/ship too!

^ I like this pic! The little boy is damn cute can. When I donate some coins he keep put his hand like this. It means thank you! Den I ask yi to take pic for me and he put his hand tgt again just for us to take pics. He's trying to drink and thank me at the same time too. Funny, cute innocent kid! :D

^ Along our way to the four-faced Buddha, we saw various stall selling different things!

^ Stalls and more stalls!

^ They have temples everywhere! omg..

^ Barbie doll? for praying??

^ Fat fish!

^ He's pretending to post letters in bkk.

^ So many cars! Waiting to cross the road.

^ tada~ we finally reach four faced Buddha.

^ Its very small but very famous!

^ Hear the locals say today is the big buddha day. So tat explain why there is performance? No idea.. :P

^ I like elephants!! Because yi draw me an cute lil elephant when i'm in sec sch! lol

^ Many many elephants!!

^ The famous four faced buddha!

^ We need to buy flowers and joss stick to pray.

^ yeah~ gotten our flowers! off we go to pray~ :)

^ Its fun praying! haha

^ So many flowers!! Its so nice!!

^ All the four face! very interesting buddha! :)

^ The offerings! Saw the pig head? Why is it not roasted? hmmmm...

^ After praying, we need to wash our hands! Very cooling water! :)

^ Next we went to Central World. It is the largest lifestyle shopping complex in bkk. But not much of a crowd there except this shop. NARAYA! Super crowded! super cheap also. Guess how much I spend there for one big bags of goodies? $50 bucks ONLY! omg.. so cheap!!

^ Rui ask why their Mos Burger is dark green in colour?

^ Saw the menu and it was cheaper den Sg Mos burger! Everything so cheappp..

^ Nth to do. LOL

^ Kickkkkkkkkkk

^ Seriously, they have temple everywhere! lol

^ Yi and rui! my fren = yi fren :)

^ tiny tiny meeeeee

^ Saw the elephant head? with those golden paper?

^ Itchy hand me! I tear them out! LOL

^ 3 elephant :P

^ 4 elephant :P

^ elephant god?

^ All of us! :D

^ Very sweet tian yi bought me 1 roses! haha

^ Next time I want ALL! haha :x

^ Day 3 was super tired! Because its our last full day in bkk. Keep walking from destination to destination. As usual we saw lots of buddha statue, be it outside shopping center or along the walk way. This is special as there are alot of "I-thought-is-flies" flying ard the flower and syrup drink BUT in fact yi correct me tat is BEES, LOTS OF TINY BEES! OMG.. I walked away as fast as I could. lol

^ Money changer is very impt huh.

^ Spot the "Magic Wand?"

^ Dunkin Donuts!! Its like 1-2pm and we are still not hungry for lunch. But we just cant resist seeing these sweet lil donuts lying in the tray. Bought 1 chocolate frosted and share with yi. :)

^ Rui took this for us! lol

^ Bloody elephant for bloody reddish ppl.

^ Bkk really got lots of overhead bridges!

^ Platinum !

^ One big bags of because-its-so-cheap-tat's-y-kt-buy-them-all! :P

^ My best fren!

^ Super duper hot weather! We need to quench our thirst la!

^ Gachapon!! Super red man.

^ Random buddha again.

^ My turn!

^ "Shit, how to get out of here?" *check map*

^ "I bought rose for kt! Here's the proof!" haha

^ kt: "Just hop on tuk tuk, no nd check map one!" lazy me! haha

^ I got fat fat face :O
^ "I have a rose, my rose is red, I have a bf, my bf is u~" :P

^ Seriously, I took this pic just in case I wanna get a license in bkk! lol

^ The tuk-tuk driver drop us somewhere near our hotel but not that near, so along the way we saw some food stall and decided to walk back to buy them! I like road side stall! But of cos the surrounding must be clean la. :) While waiting for our food to be cooked, we try to be funny~

^ Chicken

^ tada~ our food ready! Its some chicken wrap thingy.

^ This is nice! Its like roti prata but wad's so special is he added some milk on it! After tat he roll the prata up and it become like some "popiah-shaped" thingy.

^ Stupid cheeky boy!

^ Went for traditional thai massage! Yi say I got cheeky face here. =.=

^ This was after the thai massage!

^ After the massage, my hair and clothes so messy! OMG! the clothes is SO SO SO BIG tat I dunno how to wear at first man. And like yawen say, its a truly GREAT experience. LOL~
VERY PAIN LO~~ Yi says so too~ And he spotted one small blue black on my shoulder! oh my~~ But very good service thr! Thai ppl are really friendly. :)

^ After the massage, we had some rest and hot fragrance tea is served. :)

^ Started to take pics

^ The surroundings.

^ I like their purple sofa and there's actually a pond below. Very cosy lil place.

^ When I'm off to toilet, the staff thr gave yi some small lil prawns to feed the fish! Without me! DOTS~ -.-

^ The surroundings. They got fish tank for Nemo too. haha

^ This is the place we went for Traditional Thai Massage. Raintree!
^ I'm ready for another round of shopping! whahahahahah

^ Along the way, we saw some nice kebabs! At first we bought 1 for 10 baht and it was YUMMY! Den I started to buy the beef and chicken kebabs again! Very nice! :)

^ Choosing the kebabs! They got nice colour and delicious taste! :)~

^ Yi wanted to try the big fat juicy sausage! haha
^ I'm just in time to snap the "on fire meat balls!" lol~~
^ Trying real hard to feed this greedy boy and took pic at the same time! :P

^ This is so not nice! Yucks! Its some pancake thing with some fillings like bird eggy, sausage and yellow/green thingy?

^ We had some food in the hotel, got some rest, rants abt the painful thai massage, get shower and dress. And stared to cam whore before we left the hotel to shopping again! haha! yi ask me to act cool but I guess I failed?? :(

^ ^^
^My bao bao face :O

^ Act cool~

^ Tian yi say he like this pic! He say got contrast! As I'm acting cute and he's acting cool! LOL

^ One last one! :)

^ Waiting for the one & only golf car to come and pick us up! -.-

^ TWISTTTTTTTT~ ^^V [ by curry]

^ Elephant got such a big ass hor? Random elephant crossing road! Yi stop laughing at me ok, I'm not tat mountain tortoise! lol

^ The so-call-last-day at bkk. Though I'm not very hungry BUT I wanted to eat tom yum and this mince meat rice! haha! And I wanted to eat fries and nuggets so much tat yi thought I'm crazy. "Whr got ppl come bkk eat fries and nuggets one?" me lo~~~ lalalalas~ :P

^ This shop sells excellent shirts! Choose one for yi. A very simple black plain shirt with alternate not-very-obvious-col of buttons. Definitely a good buy! :)

^








Day 4 - Back to Home Sweet Home :)




^ Thailand Strawberry Pocky! NICE!

^ Nice packaging also! :)

^ Stupid boy fav! Baseball Bat!

^ I bought 5 freaking bottles of alcohol at the DFS! Super cheap. 5 for $334?
Absolute Apeach, Absolute Mango (1st launch in asia but quite some time already) Penfold's Private Release Chardonnay (White Wine), Gold Label Cabernet Sauvignon (Red Wine) and Martell XO ($205) for dad! :)

I cant wait to taste them? Anyone? :x

No comments: