Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bday@Bangkok

I've come back from Bangkok for almost a week! Am still missing the good food, shopping, and most importantly the company of J for 4 days, straight.

Bangkok, definitely one of my favorite shopping locations! But sad to say, I din bought as much loot back this time and ironically I've overspent, so is J! Hahahahaha! The expensive fine dinning @ State Tower, Sirocco, the Chanel earrings for my bday gift, J's tailor-made suit and J's leather shoe from Siam Paragon is equivalent to 1k + already! *Shake head.. its only the 2nd day* Maybe I should stop calculating the hotels, shopping expenses, transport, floating market tour, makan expenses blah blah, in order to feel better. Ha!

Btw, our hotel (Baiyoke Boutique) is fabulous! It had a bath tub, king size bed, clean and quite big. Most importantly it's only Sgd50+ per night. Its on promotions, that's why. I miss bubble bathe with rose petals!!

However, I dislike the smelly alley, overcrowded vehicles and its not near Mrt station. Well, we took tuk tuk most of the time and the cost is ard 50 - 180 Bath per ride! Reasonable enough!

After settling our luggage at the hotel concierge we went for lunch Greyhound cafe @ Siam Paragon.They serve yummy Thai / Italian cuisine with nice ambiance and friendly services.






 Light Tom Yum Soup! I'm a prawn lover!


Scallop Phat Thai 


Now, milk tea don't taste dilute with milk tea ice cubes! How clever!


Taste better with some lime juice! Definitely!



They serve very yummy desserts! Vanilla @ Siam Paragon

 
What a nice shot! I'm a good photographer! :D


The view from our seat! Waited for 20 mins plus lor..



Ordered a Raspberry crepe! Look kinda bloody but it was very nice! It made me a very happy girl after. Was contemplating to try other desserts as well but J and I was TOO full. Wasted. hmmm

After the heavenly lunch, we went back to the hotel, checked in, rested awhile and head off to Chatuchak weekend market! Yes, it open on weekend ONLY. It's a must visit market in Bangkok!

This market is INSANELY HUGE! One can spend more than half a day there! However, not all the sections are worth visit, b'cos by the time you visit all of them, you will be damn exhausted!

If you are looking for fashionable apparels as well as accessories, I would suggest you to visit section 3 & 4 for local designer labels first! If you dunno where is it, ask the locals there! I rem one kind shop owner offering us her last Chatuchak map! Yes, believe it, they had a map for that gigantic market.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2:

We spent half a day at Siam paragon again, there's a ongoing 20% sale at Siam Paragon department store! This is where J bought his leather shoes from! I bought my own stuffs as well as some stuffs for my sis! They should know what! Haha

After the shopping, we went lunch at the market place. It was veryyy huge and we finally settled for Jap cuisine. 


I'm very obsess with hand roll sushi nowadays! Its freaking nice and fresh! Love the crispy seaweed, asparagus, avocado etc!

 
 J's sumptuous meal @ 290 Bath

 
Veryyyyy nice beeffff! My favorite besides the hand roll!!



 Of cos, we end it with my favorite green tea ice cream with red bean paste! Veryyy yummy and satisfying meal!


TBC




No comments: