After having fever for 4 days of temperature high up to 40 degree celsius. And visiting of polyclinics and private clinics almost everyday! Did blood test (result was not dengue, its infection.) and after eating SO MANY paracetamol, my fever still persist. 39.8, 38.9, 39.8 Degree Celsius.
The lowest is 37.9 (for awhile) and I am already so elated that it dropped. However, after a sleep or so, the temperature rise back to 39.8, 38.9, 39.8, 40 Degree Celsius..... So, this cycle repeats for 4 days. 4 DAYS!! And its killing me.
Ridiculous right? I even vomited where's there's practically nothing in my stomach. Only gastric juices that taste of horrible bitter acid. Yikes!
My mum accompanied me to private doctor on the 4th day and the doc himself got worried abt my case.
I told him I got slight pain at my liver there and he thought that might be the source of infection since I got no sigh of cough, sore throat or flu.
He even say sth like: "Its rare to see pain at this area esp you are at such a young age"
Then, he wrote something and got me referred to hospital. HOSPITAL!!! I thought that's the end and I got so freaking worried. I even checked up web and did some research abt liver infection after I got home from the clinic. I hit on some of the syndromes and J keeps telling me its not gonna be that serious. I believed him tho I am still worried and scared.
So, dad drove me to Tan Tock Seng Hospital (A & E) at abt 4pm.
I lied there, letting the doc to examine, answer his questions and its injection time! HORRIBLE FEELINGS. He did all at one go I think. I don't even dare to look. He injected sth to prevent me from vomiting, draw blood for lab test and inject a tube in (for dripping purpose later bcos he said I was dehydrated) PAIN!! Almost fainted. And my right hand seem to be paralyze for a moment, to be exact 2.5-3.5 hours. :(
Dad and mum was outside, I never felt so helpless/ill before. Seeing those tubes and sick patients makes me weaker.
After that I m being pushed to a ward to rest with the rest of the A & E patients.
Beside my bed was a ah ma den the other side was a auntie. Both of them talked to me. The ah ma said I was a pretty gal, the auntie agreed. I was like I am not? Esp when I am so pale looking and without any make up at that time. But they are such nice people to talk to.
2 hours passed and the doc came back with gd news and said my liver was fine! I was overjoyed. Den another senior consultant doctor came and examine me and said I can discharge! I AM SO HAPPY AND I THINK I CAN FLY FOR TAT MOMENT!
I think the dripping really helps! 4 PACKETS some more. I should go and drip earlier. lol. Bcos after the dripping, my temperature drops and I feel so much better. But it sucks to see ur blood flowing in the transparent tube when the water drips finish. Gross. Gross. Gross.
Anyway, I am fine now. The temperature is back to normal (cept for that Saturday. The evil sun and long journey makes me sick/headache again. EVIL. Evil. Evil sun.)
Take care everyone and drink lots of water. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment