Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BDAY @ BKK (II)

Bday dinner at sirocco, state tower! It was awesome! We drank abit at the sky bar while waiting for our main course to come. Their service was superb as usual! When our food is ready, one of the bartender usher us to our seat and don't even mind taking our drink to our table! Seriously, I think we are the only Chinese there! The place was crowded with ang mohs and more ang mohs! Chinese don't go there?? Why? Its gorgeous up there!
  Happy happy girl that day! Romantic fine dinning on my bday! Shall go food court on his bday dinner! haha
Waiting for my Mojito and J testing out the camera.

Double C earring from J!


Reading his bday card to me! So touch that someone you date for less than a year can know you so well! Silly boy still drew 2 (OUT OF SHAPE)hearts beside his name! Touch and hilarious at the same time! Thank you my cute silly boy! Thanks for the effort and despite your busy work schedule, you still took leave for me! Thank you for treating me like a princess for 4 days, straight! :D

Here comes the crab!

SO MANY CRABS! We can't finish that whole pot of crabs in the end! J's tomato was SUPER juicy! I tried and the juice burst out in my mouth immediately! Very impressive tomatoes!

The next day we woke up at freaking 6AM in the morning as we sign up for half day tour to the floating market. It was outside Bangkok and it requires 1-2hour ride from Bangkok! So, we agreed to meet our English speaking tour guide at our hotel lobby at 6.45AM! We were very punctual, had our breakfast early and rush down to the lobby. I expect the tour guide to be there waiting for us already, unfortunately, she's not there! They arrive at 7.30AM. Which I they did called to say they were late due to the heavy traffic on Monday morning. Wasted J and my time x100! As you know I'm not the usual early bird that woke up early! At 6AM some more!! Luckily our tour guide was a pretty and polite Thai lady, if not I think the grumpy me will start to whine and whine and whine! So after saying so much, the above picture is my-just-woke-up shot by J. Luckily I got my shade on, if not I think my eyes will look damn ugly! Hoho!

Finally its our turn to board the long tail boat! We took the long tail boat for abt 10-15 mins to reach the floating market. Its quite an experience by the way!

 I think I reach out my hand, I can touch the water lor! I'm so afraid to drop inside and imagine, I dunno how to swim, at all!! I was looking around to see if they had a life jacket for me, but turn out there is none, 'cept for the ... float! haha


 It was chilly & windy that morning! My hat's flying awayyyy. I have to constantly hold on to it, just in case it turn out to be floating in the water the next moment! I just bought it in Bkk lor!

 Reached the floating market and on board the paddle boat. They use this to travel around the floating market. Smaller than the long tail boat, of course! But is manually operated by the paddle boat auntie, row row row your boat~~


Seriously, I think there's nothing to buy at the floating market! Its just a touristy spot so whatever they sell there are more expensive than the Bangkok market! No point buying it actually. They sell souvenirs that I won't buy at all! So my suggestion to you (if you are going to Bkk) is: If you intend to shop till you really drop kind of person, don't waste time and energy to the floating market. Save your beauty sleep hour to prepare long hour shopping at the markets in Bkk instead! Haha! However, if you have quite some time to spare and you think its boring to shop throughout your stay in Bkk, try going to the floating market! Its quite an experience taking the long tail & paddle boat as well as seeing how the locals earn a living there. :)


 We ordered a bowl of duck noodles from the auntie! It was not bad! And I think is super cool to sit and cook in the paddle boat with all the ingredients arrange neatly in front! The cook just need to turn here turn there and take this take that, and ta dah! FOOD!! HAHAHA! Interesting right?




I highly recommend this if you are going to bkk~ Coconut ice-cream with fresh coconut! Its heavenly! Ordered 3 of it to share with J! 



TBC



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

webster conclusively answer deterrent liquids subscribe reagentsn wholesalers quotes spikes quoting
lolikneri havaqatsu